 Administrative / General / 8699
Re: To LUGNET administrators - BRLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:19:18 GMT

Todd,

Please don't run scripts of any kind that fetch HTML pages
automatically without first obtaining permission from the site's
administrator or owner. It can be tempting to resort to such
things, but fetching pages rapidly can cause a terrible load on
a webserver, depending on what you're fetching.
Crawlers or spiders can pose a particular mess.
I am really sorry about that. I will *never* do that again without your
permission, you have my word on that. About user agent, let me check the
documentation. The documentation don't say, but I guess it has "asphttp" on
it. I am using ASPHTTP component from ServerObjects. Its documentation can
be found at http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/asphttp3.htm.

Once again I am sorry and I am very commited on helping the Brazilian LEGO
community. Hope you can guide me on those metters.

Best regards,

Felipe G. Coury
Gerente de Desenvolvimento
Creation Internet Business