 Administrative / General / 8678
  'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

Todd - What about adding a section to the member profiles which will list the 5 most recent articles a member has posted? Or, allow them to highlight their favorite posts - such as MOC postings for people to click directly to from their profiles? I (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

(...) It would be a preprequisite, yes, since the association table which would map 'From:' lines to member id's (and vice-versa) would make the rest much simpler. Once that's done (and I haven't begun to attack the problem yet but am becoming (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

(...) Sounds good. (...) Good idea there, but - (...) If only a few need to be matched by hand, then why not take that approach and the rest by hand may not need to be matched? Are you going to take the approach we discussed - assigning EVEYRONE a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

(...) To me, too - cool idea. And I can definitely see usefulness, finding your own posts, finding people's pages without multiple searches, etc. (...) Yeah... After all, how many discrepancies do you forsee/approximate within less than 1000 people? (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

(...) When I say "a large percentage" above, I mean that roughly, say, 80% are crystal clear match-ups. That leaves, say, 20% which aren't, and should be checked by hand. As there are 5200 registered 'From:' lines and 850 members, we're talking (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea

(...) Yeah, there's similar-names problems too, like Mark Nelson and Marc Nelson, Jr. (which confused me at first until I met one of them in person). -Shiri. (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G7JFp5.9sE@lugnet.com... (...) A bit confused with this statement... (...) No, it wouldn't. Member benefits would still be the same, just when you signed up to post, you would get a member (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)