 Administrative / General / 8713
Re: 'My recent LUGNET Posts' idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:45:14 GMT

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G7JFp5.9sE@lugnet.com...

Yeah... After all, how many discrepancies do you forsee/approximate within
less than 1000 people? After original implementation, it would (I think) be
easier to link new members with existing users (i.e. someone who's just
paid, and that same someone who has been posting for awhile; right?).

A bit confused with this statement...

Are you going to take the approach we discussed - assigning EVEYRONE a
member number and turning on or off a variable for paid membership?  That
way you can be 100% sure who is who, and a member could assign different
email addresses as posting email addresses the server recognizes, while only
taking up one account or member number slot.

Huh. I never though of that option. Doesn't that kinda spoil the "join and
be a member" idea, in a way? Or maybe not. I don't know, it seems a little
weird, especially considering the "membership perks" would apply only to
limited members? Am I understanding this right?

No, it wouldn't.  Member benefits would still be the same, just when you signed
up to post, you would get a member number.  You would still sign up for a 'paid
membership' and 'unlock' the member benefits to your account - profile page,
personal page, set database, webring/index (future), etc etc...

-Tim