 Administrative / General / 8667
Re: Error loading page in set database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:42:31 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...

Paul -- thanks.  Yes, I've seen this before -- I know what to do.  It's
detected an internal inconsistency in your data for that set.  I just • rebuilt
it from the redundant data store.  I believe this happened during the • "burp"
that occurred a few days ago, but I wish I could be sure.  The only way I'm
aware of that the data could become corrupt is if the system ran out of • memory
and a process exited abnormally in the middle of a write operation.  Do you
recall if you experienced any unusual delays from the webserver about 2-3
days ago, particularly in connection with set 4565?  Any additional info
appreciated.  If you were making any changes at the time, you might want to
double-check and see if they stuck.

One thing I just found out - for some unknown reason my computer's clock was
back exactly one day. Was the data inconsistency time-related?
Would there be A) a possible reason why one's set data might contain
timestamps, and B) a possible reason why the server might obtain timestamps
from the remote machine running the browser? I can't think of any reason,
but then I'm pretty ignorant in this field, and in any case it's probably
not the problem.

As for delays, well unfortunately I get all sorts of performance
fluctuations over on this side of the Pacific (or perhaps within my ISP?),
so it's hard for me to attribute any particular problem to your end...

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/