 Administrative / General / 8666
Re: Error loading page in set database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Paul Baulch writes:
I am running IE5 (Version 5.00.2919.6307), and when accessing the URL:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4565
Part of the page loads normally, except the member-related stuff below is
absent and I get the following error message as part of the page, below the
yellow area but above the title of the set and picture:
[...]
Hope this helps you track down something.

Paul -- thanks.  Yes, I've seen this before -- I know what to do.  It's
detected an internal inconsistency in your data for that set.  I just rebuilt
it from the redundant data store.  I believe this happened during the "burp"
that occurred a few days ago, but I wish I could be sure.  The only way I'm
aware of that the data could become corrupt is if the system ran out of memory
and a process exited abnormally in the middle of a write operation.  Do you
recall if you experienced any unusual delays from the webserver about 2-3
days ago, particularly in connection with set 4565?  Any additional info
appreciated.  If you were making any changes at the time, you might want to
double-check and see if they stuck.  Sorry about the mishap.  The extra
memory that's coming will help immensely to steer away from more of this in
the future.

--Todd