 Administrative / General / 865
Re: Holy time-zone differences, Batman!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:22:08 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:57:40 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com>
wrote:

Fredrik Glöckner writes:

Right now, temperature has risen to about 0°C, which means that the
roads are extremely slippery.  Imagine a layer of ice all over the road,
with a thin layer of water on top of that.  Walking is much slower on a
sruface like that, if you can even get where you want!  I don't know
about driving, as all my cars are made of LEGO.  (See, this isn't
off-topic at all!  :-)

Kinda reminds me of the weather we've had around Washington, DC for the past
two weeks:  major ice storms!  Over the weekend, about 250,000 people lost
power because of downed powerlines and exploding transformers.  Lemme tell ya,
it's a real pain to build with Legos by Flashlight!  On the upside, I love the
cold, probably because I'm about 40% Norweigan.  ;)

The weather here in West MI is pretty sucky -- it's supposed to be
consistently in the high 30's and low 40's for next several days.  In
the first two weeks of this month, we got a decent amount of snow (more
than we've had in years), and now it's all melting. :(

Oh, well.  At least I got to experience the joy of hearing my new
eavestroughs working for the first time. :)

Steve