 Administrative / General / 8499
  Re: News search function temporarily disabled

(...) No need to get snippy. We're just trying to help. We don't have access to the source or even the design documentation so all we can do is speculate based on what you say, and if our speculation is wide of the mark, so be it. It's not our (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: News search function temporarily disabled

(...) I'm sorry. I know. You're right. It just always happens. Someone says something vague, someone else guesses something about it, someone else adds another guess, someone else adds another guess, and before you know it, everything's way off (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: News search function temporarily disabled

(...) Sorry for having contributed to wasted bandwidth, though I do hope you will give some thought to the ideas of splitting up the members list as I had suggested, and some kind of "recentness" limit to the search, though I realize that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: News search function temporarily disabled

(...) Yes, definitely! And the flags can link to country pages that list just the people in the country. (...) It actually won't incur extra overhead (amazingly, it will actually reduce overhead) to restrict things to hard or soft time ranges, so (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)