 Administrative / General / 8386
Re: Let's define what an auction announcement/update is
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:36:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Todd Lehman writes:

- Within reason (this is highly subjective, but I'm sure we'd all recognize
abuse when we saw it), auction announcements or updates CAN be posted to
lugnet.off-topic.test -- but only for the purposes of diagnosing posting
problems.  I suppose that technically in this case, the announcement
wouldn't truly be an announcement, but the charter for .off-topic.test
probably still should be modified to account for this.  To avoid flamage,
it's probably best to cancel such a test-post after diagnosing the problem,
or to use .market.auction as the test area (weighing the two options based
on minimizing the maximum disruption, I suppose).

Please reconsider providing a mechanism for cancelling web originated posts
that is more automated than "send Todd a note in email and hope he sees it".

I agree with Larry(!). If nothing else, I'd like to see equality between web
and nttp posters - even if we have to take away the nttp right to cancel.

Scott A

++Lar