 Administrative / General / 8253
    Re: Growth —Scott Arthur
   (...) I am a little surprised. Posting traffic over the last 12 months is actually slightly down - in terms of trend. This is almost all due to the Xmas rush last year I expect. Statistics are great things, if I extend the downward trend, I can (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Growth —Frank Filz
     (...) Where do you see a downward trend? Excepting September 1999, when I compare the traffic for a given month in 1999 with the traffic for the same month in 2000, I consistently see the 2000 traffic as higher. In fact, in general, I see the same (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Growth —Scott Arthur
     (...) Sorry, I was not clear. I meant the changes within the last twelve months. Scott A (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Growth —Kevin Salm
   (...) Are you saying that since there are more members you expect more posting traffic? Personally, I hope not. While I expect that everyone should feel comfortable posting their views, opinions and any information they have, I am not particularly (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Growth —Scott Arthur
     (...) I was not sure when I first asked. That is why I asked. :-) You raise some good points below. I think, in retrospect, that LUGNET must have its own natural ceiling. Above that level, readers will get less out of it (due to loss of sense of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Growth —Matthew Miller
   (...) Me too. I agree. (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Growth —Jude Beaudin
     (...) not (...) LOL Jude (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Growth —Kevin Salm
   (...) not (...) In searching for a potential new ISP, I came across a document that supports all of my own personal reasons for not posting much to Lugnet. While this document refers to Usenet, the basis for the reasoning is similar. (URL) Salm__ (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)