 Administrative / General / 8132
Re: A reixamination of what happened.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 00:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Moulton writes:

As far as the huge conspiracies that I'm secretly out to
undermine the nature of the Lego community and that I'm laughing
maniacally behind everyone's back, it's a bunch of bs as well.

While I would certainly agree that one person with a petty vendetta does not
make a "huge conspiracy", if the idea that you were purposely out to harm the
online LEGO community is "bs", how do you explain this post:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=6609

?

It seems pretty clear to me.

Now, as I've said before, I don't personally think you should be banned
permanently (until you pull some crap like this again- and I mean *ever*, not
in a three-month timeframe), but your constant backpedalling, excuse-making,
and story-changing makes me question if it's even worth reinstating your
posting rights.  It seems to me this is inevitably going to happen again in the
future.

Of course, I believe fully in giving someone enough rope to hang themselves
with, if there isn't going to be any permanent damage, so I would still support
full access being reinstated.

Anyway.  You say you feel like you're "on trial" or "in front of a tribunal".
There's a good reason for that- you are.  You did something small, petty, and
stupid, and you revelled in it.  And now the community as an organism is trying
to decide what to do about it.  You don't have to like it.  Believe me, no one
cares if you like it or not.

eric