 Administrative / General / 8120
8119  |  8121
Subject:
A reixamination of what happened.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:15:01 GMT

I got to thinking today about what I REALLY did wrong here.  What did
I do wrong?  I attacked Jude's site in a somewhat mean way and didn't
give any reasons as to why I thought so.  And that's it.  That's all I
did wrong.  Well I did also get caught up in the moment and I argued
points on my website.  Did I argue the points on my website in a
flaming way?  No, I really didn't.  In fact no where in my replies
after the incident with Jude did I use ANY foul language or personal
derogatory remarks.  I explained my position, and while I may have
done so in a sardonic fashion I was not out of line with the Lugnet
ToS, at least not more than anyone else was.  I'm sick of this, I feel
like I'm up on a pedestal before some sort of tribunal and I have to
somehow defend my position otherwise I'll be thrown out, banned,
punished for all those INCREDIBLY awful things that I did.  It's a
load of bs is what it is, I doubt VERY highly that I was banned
because of the low grade insult I used against Jude, I think (please
correct me if I'm wrong) that I got banned because I was arguing with
Todd.  He started posting against me, I started posting back, he then
banned me, that in my mind was his way of winning.  Why did I choose
to argue with Todd?  Because I got ticked off, I took the "your
parents are alcoholics" thing to be a REALLY mean and nasty personal
remark.  And even though it wasn't meant that way, that's the way I
took it.  I'm not going to just sit here and try to defend the fact
that I'm human.  I got angry, I responded heatedly, can any one else
here say they didn't too?  And why did so many people get angry?  Was
it the fact that I said I didn't like Jude's site in a manner
consistent with a second grader?  No, of course not.  People got angry
at me because I have several controversial positions and I chose to
defend them.  Oh that leads me to the only other thing I did wrong, I
should not have talked about any of that stuff in the space
newsgroups, I should have immediately started responding to the off
topic group.  Again though I'm not the only one guilty of that.  Do I
deserve to get banned?  No, I really don't.  Do I deserve to have to
"stand trial" for all the supposed evil things I've done?  No, I
really don't.  I apologized to Jude and I meant it.  Does that mean I
actually like the site?  Not really, but rather than resort to a
second grade level insult I should have expressed in a gentile fashion
what I believed was not very good about the site and then offered
suggestions to improve it.  Or I should have just not said anything at
all.  As far as the huge conspiracies that I'm secretly out to
undermine the nature of the Lego community and that I'm laughing
maniacally behind everyone's back, it's a bunch of bs as well.  And it
seems to me that some people are trying to use it as an excuse to
justify their stabs at me.  I don't deserve to get banned, at least
not any more so than most of the rest of everyone who participated in
the discussion.  So, that's my position on the events.  And you know
what, I hope I get rebanned, just because of this post, that would
really help reemphasize a variety of my personal views.  I know what I
did wrong, do you know what you all did wrong?  Oh one last thing, a
question for Todd.  Why did you ban me?  I mean seriously why did you?
To me it looked as if you were trying to look for any excuse in my
posts because I was arguing heatedly with you.

-Matthew