 Administrative / General / 8147
Re: A reixamination of what happened.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ka-On Lee writes:
To Todd:

If someone post a neo-nazi site address on luget.loc.il or lugent.loc.de,
will the message got cancelled

That would be censorship.  No.

and the person get banned even the site has some good Lego material?

Even if it _didn't_ have LEGO material, they wouldn't get banned simply for
posting a site address, no.  Hopefully of course they wouldn't be posting
such an address with malicious intentions to injure others or start flame
wars.  All depends on what they say in connection with it in the groups, etc.

Why should a Lego community hate site be treated differently?

How do you mean differently?

In my opinion, posting a link in a public forum is no difference than posting
the actual site content, especially the poster created the content himself.

It's actually very different.  When you are viewing an article, you have to
make an effort to click forward to the site content someone is referring to.
It's your choice to click forward or go back.

Please remember you are not the ultimate defender of free speech.

Which is why off-site content is largely a moot issue except in cases where
weird new cyberlaws may come into play.

--Todd