 Administrative / General / 813
Re: Off-topic messages (was: Re: The Minifig Generator??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 06:24:05 GMT

If this is the way that the people around here act, (i.e.: not letting
others post messages because of "off-topic" messages, then I rather not be a
part of lugnet. I wonder what would happen if you did this to a 7-10 year
old. . . Perhaps I am over exagerating, maybe because I'm only 13?

"Once upon a time, was a young man named Chris. Chris loves playing with
Lego and robotics. He loved to spend time at lugnet.robotics to talk about
the new and interesting things in Lego Robotics. Until one frightful day,
when all Chris wanted was a answer to a question (where to find a site that
he had seen that he wanted to get to), instead, he got doscontinued from the
newsgroup. Before he did, however, he tried to post the message again, but
this time with the subject "off-topic". Thinking that others who do not read
messages like the one he posted, he thought maybe only the people interested
in the off-topic post would at the very least answer his question. Instead,
it resulted in his termination.

-Chris (One very, very, very sad person( and a bit upset person))