 Administrative / General / 7839
  LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

One of the big advantages Brickset has over the LUGNET set guide is the quality of the images. When I use either guide usually I just want a good look at the set to see what parts it contains etc. All the extra information now on the set guide (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

(...) Not sure I'm "bothered" per se but I do agree that I find the images less satisfactory now than before, and the extra steps to get a large image are extra work. ++Lar (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

Actually, Scott, clicking on this: (...) (URL) clicked on "open link in new window" to find out what the link was, BTW). Maybe Todd just found the time to fix it. ;-) (...) Seems like history was made - Scott and Larry aren't disagreeing, if not (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

(...) Ya, I'm not bothered by it either, and the medium-sized default images aren't necessarily always smaller (most of the time they are, but not always -- it depends on the size of the originating scan). A smaller initial image makes for much (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

(...) Hey, even a stopped clock is right 2 times a day (only once if you're in the military, there's a moral there somewhere...) Scott's right more often than you think, Shiri. I just usually think he could phrase stuff more smoothly, that's all. If (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

(...) Is this new? I'm pretty sure that when I looked at this the other day both the big and small images linked to the same file - the smaller one was only shrunk. I am also 100% sure that the 6990 image changed since yesterday. Scott A (...) etc.) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO SET GUIDE - The Big Picture ?

(...) No and Yes. No, the code/feature is the same -- it has always (since the new set guide went up a few weeks ago) displayed the "larger" (where available) image when you click the medium-size image. Yes, the 6990 image changed yesterday -- I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)