 Administrative / General / 7565
Re: There's no such thing as a bad MOC builder (was: Re: New MF model.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:45:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I *know* I agree with Todd in spirit. But we all have opinions, likes and
dislikes. While there are no "bad" builders, I think we all would agree that
there might be models that we personally like more, and some that we
personally like less, and some builders are ones that seem to produce a lot of
models we like, and some that don't. There's no accounting for taste, mind
you, but I don't want to be in a wishy washy world where I can't say anything
not uniformly glowing...

I personally would prefer to know if I put up a model that wasn't very well
liked by anyone. But then I'm trying to design models that people will like,
moreover, that people will want to buy. So I would welcome constructive
criticism, addressed directly to me, presented in a polite manner. That's how
one gets better. And even the best of us should want to get better, right?

If I know you a little bit this "best" above is you, isn't it?..:-)

Besides the silly joke, from the artist-seller point of view, you are of
course right. But from the "recreation time builder" point of view not
quite so. Many people here doing this lego job for filling their spare
time with enjoyment, and I think if someone presents a MOC to the
public, he/she already believes that this MOC is a good job, independent
from my feelings about the same MOC, so there is no need to irritate
him/her about his/her very own way of creativity, providing that the
mentioned builder is not behaving like the most worthy one around (if
this is the case, be sure that I personally enjoy by criticizing him/her
to the deep).

For the reasons above, I prefer making "wow!" type of critics for the
MOCs that I really amazed, but remain silent for the MOCs that don't
make me impressed.

Making some technical suggestions like "I think you can convert this
landing gear to retractable type by adding such and such" is of course
always acceptable.

Selçuk