 Administrative / General / 7542
Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:32:38 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
That's a very large part of it, ya.  It also more closely represents what
LUGNET is.  The news homepage only represents what LUGNET is from a news
point of view.

Which is the most important part of LUGnet is to many of us.

This may be partly an artifact of the way the web page was, but it's also
because the active and healthy newsgroups are the core of the community.
Even if that's an overhyped buzzword, it really is the strength of what
makes LUGnet great. (It's no accident that "community" and "communicate"
sound the same.) If it were just Todd's Lego site, it'd still be cool, but
it wouldn't be the definitive cool that is LUGnet today.

I realize you've got a greater vision in which the newsgroups play only a
small part, but I'd encourage you to continue to emphasize them as the
central part.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/