 Administrative / General / 7532
Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:51:33 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

Rather than having 2 homepages, is there no easy way to have a cookie or • some
such thing, allow users to choose/design their own homepage?

I like the news view so I overrode my bookmark that used to point to www... • to
now point to news...

Isn't that easier than using a cookie?

Sure, I have done the same. Whether it is better or not is another issue. I'm
not bothered either way though to be honest - I'll be sticking with news. for
the time being.

I'm not following you, I guess. Can you clarify what it is you are wanting?

You said "I want behaviour X, and can we have a cookie to give it", I
said "here's how to do behaviour X using current system capability with no
need for cookie programming on Todd's part" and you now say you already knew
how to do X and "didn't care" anyway.

Help me understand what you're getting on about, if you would.

++Lar