 Administrative / General / 7531
    Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage —Scott Arthur
   (...) Sure, I have done the same. Whether it is better or not is another issue. I'm not bothered either way though to be honest - I'll be sticking with news. for the time being. My take on the new page is that it is more for new users than existing (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) some (...) to (...) I'm not following you, I guess. Can you clarify what it is you are wanting? You said "I want behaviour X, and can we have a cookie to give it", I said "here's how to do behaviour X using current system capability with no (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage —Scott Arthur
     (...) I'm not a selfish guy Larry, I was thinking of others and making a suggestion at the same time. If I could customise the homepage, I'm sure it'd end up like the old one pretty much - call me conservative (with a small c). Like I said, this is (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage —Todd Lehman
   (...) That's a very large part of it, ya. It also more closely represents what LUGNET is. The news homepage only represents what LUGNET is from a news point of view. --Todd (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Announcing new LUGNET homepage —Matthew Miller
   (...) Which is the most important part of LUGnet is to many of us. This may be partly an artifact of the way the web page was, but it's also because the active and healthy newsgroups are the core of the community. Even if that's an overhyped (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)