 Administrative / General / 7449
Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:02:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
People will be that way, and it is truly unfortunate.  My running joke with
AFOLs is 'everyone from the internet is an axe murderer, in fact, I come
home from 'fests with a bloody axe in my trunk too.' :)

<grin>
Yup, I remember that'n at the Brickfest, thank goodness that was the second
time I met you so I wasn't as scared as I would've been otherwise. You're a
scary guy, Tim! <grin, duck and run>

But in reality,
internet meetings are no less safe than classified ads, or if you want to go
there, video dating services.

Heck, they aren't even less safe than going out to a party/bar/pub and meeting
people you don't know... you only live once, of course one has to be cautious,
but how cautious can you be?...

(I met my bf right here on lugnet... and IIRC Todd and Suz met thru their
pages as well...)

I've probably met 75 people from Lugnet/RTL in person over the past year and
a half, and I could say that I would not feel uncomfortable with most, if
not all of them.

I can't claim to have met that many, unfortunately, but I'd say I met at least
30-35 over the past year. I had a great time with them, and I'm still hoping
for some get-togethers when I get back to the U.S. in the fall.

-Shiri