 Administrative / General / 736
  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) Well, actually, no it doesn't. Todd came up with a pretty impressive bunch o' reasons why cross-posting between rtl and lugnet wouldn't be allowed. (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

Also sprach Matthew Miller: : Well, actually, no it doesn't. Todd came up with a pretty impressive bunch : o' reasons why cross-posting between rtl and lugnet wouldn't be allowed. It really doesn't matter to me. I was able to set up an alias for tin (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) which I remain convinced either are not valid or which can be solved. Todd is quite clever, you know. (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) I have NS configured just fine to read both places with only one installation and one copy of the executables, I can move between them at will. I am against hosting RTL here unless cross posting problems can be solved and cross posting is (...) (26 years ago, 7-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) Yes, he is. But he's only one man, and he has a lot of irons in the fire. Unless he can clone himself a few times I think we'll just have to accept that some of these little side issues will either be put on hold or the large Big Plan issues (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Some Running Thoughts about THROWBOTS

(...) That's pretty much how I see it right now -- the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, all things considered. Lots of work, little gain relative to other stuff. It's important to me to get the ball rolling on things like themage because (...) (26 years ago, 8-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)