 Administrative / General / 7248
Re: Question about searching (for "2.1.4")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 02:24:24 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson writes:
I was trying to find information about Steve Bliss' LDraw Add On program.
It's version 2.1.4.  When I did a search on the CAD newsgroups for 2.1.4
and "2.1.4" I got zero hits.  So, I posted a question about the program
in the CAD/Development group, and Steve replied with a link to a thread
(1 month old) that had 2.1.4 in the subject and in the body.  How come
the search didn't turn this up?

The indexer isn't as smart as it ought to be -- it currently throws out
anything that's not alphanumeric.

--Todd