 Administrative / General / 7252
Re: Question about searching (for "2.1.4")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:22:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson wrote:

I was trying to find information about Steve Bliss' LDraw Add On program.  It's
version 2.1.4.  When I did a search on the CAD newsgroups for 2.1.4 and "2.1.4"
I got zero hits.  So, I posted a question about the program in the
CAD/Development group, and Steve replied with a link to a thread (1 month
old) that had 2.1.4 in the subject and in the body.  How come the search didn't
turn this up?

BTW, when I went looking for the message, I first tried "LDAO 2.1.4".  As
you know, that didn't work.  I found the message by searching for "LDAO
Steve Bliss Win98".  It's all in the keywords.

Including the author's name is frequently useful when searching LUGNET.  It
will pick up the odd message from Steve Jones, about finding his LEGO
bliss, but nothing's perfect...

Steve