 Administrative / General / 7032
Re: Preview: LUGNET T-Shirts, Mousepads, Coffee Mugs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:00:13 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Tom Stangl writes:
Todd,
Are you going to make sticker sheets with various sizes of logos available?

That would be fun -- do you know of (or have any experience with) places that
print high-quality stickers?  The ones we send with the membership packets
are printed on an HP DeskJet and cut on a paper cutter, so we don't yet have
a cost-effective way to produce those in larger quantities.

I would like to make a Lugnet Race Team, but I'd need 10-20 stickers the size
you sent with my membership pack, and 3-5 at 1.5x, 2x, and 3x that size.

How precisely do you mean 1.5x, 2x, and 3x?  Are there specific LEGO
measurements that you have in mind, for example covering a 2x2 tile or a
1x4x3 thin wall panel?

NO precise size.  One that's almost as tall as a 1x4x3 thinwall would do for some
of the truck stuff, and one that's a good bit larger than that (picture a couple
printed on clear sticker sheet and placed on the white 6x8x1 slopes from soccer
sets for an awning off the side of the semi trailer).  Maybe some tiny ones to fit
on 2x3 33deg slopes ;-)

Generally anywhere you can imagine a logo on a current high dollar race team (think
Indy/Cart/NASCAR), I'd want one there ;-)

Um, FYI, 15oz coffee mug is a SIPPING cup, not a super-slurper - think 20+
oz ;-)

ROTFL!!!

Hey, I don't know if Cafepress can do them, but I LOVE freezer mugs (have
an LLC one, of course), as I don't have to ice my drinks and end up having
them watered down after a while.  If they DO have them, that's something
to consider...

How does a "freezer mug" work?  Is it a special kind that has gel in it that
cools the liquid to just-below-freezing temperature so you can make slushie
drinks?

Yes - gel in the liner that freezes solid and cools the drink - my LLC one can
sometimes slush up milk ;-)

If that's what you mean, I had one of those when I was a kid and it
was the best thing in the world.  Or is a "freezer mug" just a type of mug
that's freezer safe, and helps cool drinks down somewhat but not to freezing
temperature?  Is the type you're thinking of glass or plastic?  Now having
some glass beer mugs would be fun!

The freezer mugs are plastic - much more useful to me than glass (no AC in the apt,
freezer mugs ROCK!).

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/