 Administrative / General / 6817
Re: 1 new or 3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Umm ...  Mate, what was the original question for then?  ;-)

To see if we can get the erroneous report of 3 "new" posts to a low traffic
group corrected to only be one "new" post. The other two are not "new" they are
just an artifact of the filtering being applied.

My thinking is that it is probably better for the lugnet server not to
bother with low traffic newsgroups at all.  It would mean that the server
doesn't have to worry about tracking them.

That would be bad. IMHO.