 Administrative / General / 6814
Re: 1 new or 3?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Umm ...  Mate, what was the original question for then?  ;-)

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6808

My thinking is that it is probably better for the lugnet server not to
bother with low traffic newsgroups at all.  It would mean that the server
doesn't have to worry about tracking them.

I don't know how it is implemented, but it really shouldn't be much of an
overhead :) Besides, not showing low-traffic groups on the traffic page is
a great way to ensure that they stay low-traffic!

Richard