 Administrative / General / 6626
Re: Apology for my email by Kieran Brady
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 18:24:38 GMT

I am right there with you. I guess I don't see the benefit over just
subscribing to the BST group by mail. The "new" mail list seems like it
would have a bigger potential for misuse than the current market groups.

-Nick

Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Tom Stangl writes:
The problem with setting it up on OneList is that you'd need multiple • lists - I
have no interest in anything but Town, Train, and Technic, I could care • less about
others.  If you had one big honking eGroups list, I'd be getting a lot of • useless
email.

Er, I'm getting kind of confused by this whole mailing list idea.  What
exactly is the advantage of setting up a mailing list, as opposed to just
posting to lugnet.b-s-t?

Would people rather receive stuff like this in their email instead of
looking in bst/auction?  (I can see not wanting to receive all posts from
those NGs, though, only ones that you were interested in.)

Would having .bst.town, bst.castle, etc be a better solution? (You can
always subscribe to the NG as a mailing list...)  Then people could xpost
to market.bst and .market.bst.castleorwhatever, and those people only
interested in Castle could just check the .castle group, and those
interested in other stuff need never see the castle posts (unless they
look in the main group).

I think this might be a bit more efficient use of already-existing
resources, but the big TL will have to make the call on that.