 Administrative / General / 6029
  Re: Horizontal scrolling while posting? (was: Re: whoop de doo)

(...) I wouldn't recommend that people use Terminal unless they don't mind translating in their heads when people use characters from the upper- 128. Terminal is an OEM font, codepage 437, like the old PC-"ANSI" BBSes used to use for their graphics. (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Readable text fonts for screen editing (was: Re: Horizontal scrolling while posting? (was: Re: whoop de doo))

(...) Ahh, good point. I used Terminal 6pt for everything in the old days, but that was before +128 was a big deal. I'd forgotten about the character set of Terminal. (...) I switched from Terminal to Lucida Console (that's what I meant to write (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Readable text fonts for screen editing (was: Horizontal scrolling...)

(...) I use 8 pt. Fixedsys (the font Notepad uses) for email, html editting and other applications which require a fixed width font. It's very easy to read, easier than Terminal, IMO, and much easier than Courier, which is usually too light-weight. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Readable text fonts for screen editing (was: Horizontal scrolling...)

(...) Just tried both Lucida Console and FixedSys. They are both lighter weight and have a different aspect (taller vs. width) than Terminal, so either one will take some getting used to. I use Terminal for just about everything -- newsreading, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)