 Administrative / General / 5839
5838  |  5840
Subject:
Browser locking up with big threads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 06:49:50 GMT

loaded.

http://www.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=1870&t=i&v=c

Browser -- Netscape 4.51

Details -- Each time I ask for this URL, all browser windows (also in Lugnet)
become frozen until the thread display has completely loaded.  It is already in
my browser cache, and my settings for caching are "ONCE PER SESSION" for
comparing the document in cache to the network version (default setting?).

I do not recall if I have experienced this before, but the slight delay I am
getting is not unbearable, just surprising.  It is a rather long thread, after
all.

On another matter, I am currently signed in to lugnet, yet when I attempted to
post this message via web interface, I was asked to complete the news posting
set-up.  A bit redundant, IMO.  I am also slightly aggitated that my lugnet
cookie was wiped out again; it has only been a few days since I posted via
HTTP.  Is there an expiration setting on the cookie?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

                 Kevin Salm
....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....