 Administrative / General / 5323
  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) I should have titled the subject, "Why I continue to be frustrated with MSIE as much as I ever have been, while others continue to be progressively less frustrated with MSIE." Or maybe just kept it to myself. --Todd (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) <grin> Do you mean that other people have moved to newer versions, but you still have to be in sync with older ones? (...) Maybe... <grin again> -Shiri (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Yes, partially that. But I still prefer Mozilla 4.7 (a.k.a. Netscape Navigator 4.7) and the Milestone versions of Mozilla 5 over any MSIE, just on principle. Plus, MS hasn't even released MSIE for my operating system, so I couldn't run it on (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Errk, too many pints this evening. That should say, (not that anyone cares), "I keep an old _Windows_ system around for regression tests before cutting in major new code changes." I don't run Windows daily anymore, but it's still very (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Generally, it seems like a good idea to me to test more heavily on older browsers when backward compatibility is crucial, since the rendering and UI type of bugs tend to go away rather than to appear over time. Obviously you can't test (...) (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) *Snort*. So _you_ say. My opinions on web-browser-war "features" are on record here. -Tim (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)