 Administrative / General / 5327
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 05:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Shiri Dori writes:
I titled the subject "Why MSIE sucks for the HTML *writer*" not "Why MSIE
sucks for the user".

I should have titled the subject, "Why I continue to be frustrated with MSIE
as much as I ever have been, while others continue to be progressively less
frustrated with MSIE."

<grin> Do you mean that other people have moved to newer versions, but you
still have to be in sync with older ones?

Yes, partially that.  But I still prefer Mozilla 4.7 (a.k.a. Netscape Navigator
4.7) and the Milestone versions of Mozilla 5 over any MSIE, just on principle.
Plus, MS hasn't even released MSIE for my operating system, so I couldn't run
it on my main system even if I wanted to.  I keep an old system around for
regression tests.  Just fixed something yesterday in fact which was still a
problem in MSIE3 for some users.

Mainly, I continue to frustrated because of the server-side issues, not
because of client issues.  As a client, I think MSIE4&5 are great.  As a
whole, however, from the server side, the whole MSIE range is quite ugly.

Or maybe just kept it to myself.
Maybe... <grin again>

I need to start a "rant" webpage and keep the discussion there.

--Todd