 Administrative / General / 52
Re: Trouble seeing new articles with Free Agent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:10:24 GMT

sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess....) writes:

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:40:50 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess....) writes:

Interesting. When you reset the groups, Todd, I had this exact same
problem with Agent. I wondered why I was not getting any mail in
announce or lugnet.general :) THen I did a manual Get All Messages and
downloaded 7 in announce and 39+ in lugnet.general. ANd it is
downloading new fine now.

I fixed the problem -- and I think it affected everyone, not just Free
Agent -- I introduced a stoopit bugaboo when I diddled with the cancel mods
last week.  Here's a repost of the article I posted 2 days ago right before
the groups were wiped:

But I was not having the same problems when you were having it.

Rather, I had the problem only in the groups which
1) were wiped, but stuck around
2) I had old messages still sitting in inside of Agent. (because of
information I needed to follow up on)

I had to do a manual get all before the problem was solved. Luckily,
it did not get to the point of unsubscribing.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com

Aha, gotcha, OK, I'll bet it was the old messages sticking around.

No NNTP client expects the NNTP server to reset the article count to 1,
which is what happened.

--Todd