 Administrative / General / 4890
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:54:02 GMT

Still I would like to make some comments on the provisos given by Scott in
case it would be allowed. Some large remarks and some minor remarks.

1. Only privately run auctions should be allowed - _NO_ ebay etc.

Is there a specific reason why there should be a division between • privately run
auctions and Ebay ?
The method is the same, only Ebay is better known than a private auction • side.
Also what to do with semi-privately auction sides (e.g. a Lego oriented • auction
side run by an AFOL, but also open for other people)

This is just to reflect the fact that private auctions are hard work for the
seller, and more of a service to LUGNet (IMO)

2. Only _sets_ which relate directly to the theme should be allowed - (ie
they should by listed under the relevant theme on Pause or Brickset).

Why only sets? I'm not only interested in sets, but also specific
theme-oriented pieces.

Just to keep volume down I suppose

3. All sets auctioned should be at least 3 years old - this will disallow
most clearance "box shifters".

The idea is good, but is three years the right period (i.e. why not 2 or 4
years)

Most set stay on the shelves for 2 years, after that they can go on S@H etc.

4. Follow-ups (replies) to the post should be directed to
Lugnet.market.auction.

Agree

5. Auction updates, if any, should be posted to Lugnet.market.auction - • NOT
the theme group.

Agree

6. The initial post should only have the title "theme_name PRE AUCTION
ANNOUNCEMENT" - Nothing more.

Should the theme-name be included? In the castle group itself PRE AUCTION
ANNOUNCEMENT would be sufficient because rule number 2 excludes everything • that
is not castle. Also this title might cause many same title in the large
themegroups and therefore, probably also in the market.auction group

This is quite important. I should have been clearer. This is purely to allow
easy filtering (automatic or manual)

7. The auction post and terms should be pre-checked by • lugnet.admin.council
to ensure it is "fair" & complies with points 1 to 6.

I think I don't understand how you want to have the pre-checking be done. • Could
you explain it a little bit more. (The way I interpret it now is that a
pre-auction announcement should be first mailed to lugnet.admin.council • and
after that to the specific theme-group, gnerating twice as much messages)

Good point I suppose. Perhaps the text could be submitted offline?

Scott A

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma