 Administrative / General / 4986
Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:15:34 GMT

Scott A wrote:

1. Only privately run auctions should be allowed - _NO_ ebay etc.

Is there a specific reason why there should be a division between • privately run
auctions and Ebay ?
The method is the same, only Ebay is better known than a private auction • side.
Also what to do with semi-privately auction sides (e.g. a Lego oriented • auction
side run by an AFOL, but also open for other people)

This is just to reflect the fact that private auctions are hard work for the
seller, and more of a service to LUGNet (IMO)

I'm missing something there. Why should someone who chooses to make
things harder for themselves necessarily get a pass? And why exclude
only eBay "etc>"? What about Yahoo? BRICKS (when it was running),
auctions run with the Demlow engine? There's a gradation there. Are they
all in "etc."?

But this is irrelevant. Todd, the owner, has ruled that on this point he
is immutable. While he does take our input, and it is more than just a
veneer over his whim, on some things his mind is made up and won't
change. So give it a rest or take your custom to a competing privately
run newsserver if you don't like the way things are here. What? There
are no competing privately run newsservers? wonder why.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!