 Administrative / General / 4863
Re: German books available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 12:29:22 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
news:Fqyn59.J7z@lugnet.com...
Note that if you use these links, LUGNET gets referral dollars (with no
increase in what you as the purchaser pay for the books) which is a Good • Thing.
And these seem like neato books too!

However, just to play devil's advocate, if one wanted to be a hard case, • one
could construe that because the lugnet refer is given, and because it • wasn't
posted to a market group and it wasn't in a signature, this is a flog...
:-)

This is a good point, and one which I noticed yesterday. I'm sure other,
possibly better, sites are out there which describe these books. If it was a
invitation to buy it belongs in market. I was also bemused as to why it was
in General and not a Local German group?

Scott A

think it's vastly stretching the point to do that, so I won't, except to
illustrate how gray an area this is. If you think I'm actually being • critical
you're not reading carefully enough. :-)

To repeat, I think this is perfectly fine but it might raise one eyebrow
somewhere in the universe, maybe.

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Dave Baum's book has been published in German!
  Dave Baums Lego® Mindstorms' Roboter - Der Profi-Guide (m. CD-Rom):
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/393435839X/lugnet/

Another LEGO Mindstorms book, also in German,
  Lego Mindstorms. Roboter programmieren lernen:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3827290813/lugnet/

Other titles - these I bought last year. I'll post some scans when I can.
  LegoWelt. Spiel mit der Phantasie:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/377570812X/lugnet/ (paperback)

  Die Lego Story. Der Stein der Weisen:
    http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3706403471/lugnet/ (hardcover)