 Administrative / General / 4862
Re: computer plays tricks on me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 06:45:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Shiri Dori writes:
this post didn't work in .admin.general... let's see if it works here:

Hmm, this is curious.  Looking through the dead-articles file on the server,
I don't see a copy of your message having been bounced.  Do you happen to
remember what error message you received?  My guess is that your newsreader
gave you the error message without first asking the server to post it --
otherwise there is normally a copy of the rejected article in the log.
For example, the message you accidentally addressed to lugnet.off-topic
(with no subgroup under off-topic) earlier tonight showed up in the dead-
articles files.  In that case, the server itself would have issued an error
message such as "Your message is addressed to a group which does not exist."

--Todd