 Administrative / General / 4695
Re: lugnet.org.it.itlug ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:28:58 GMT

Frank Filz ha scritto:

loc.it
loc.it.robotics
loc.it.trains
loc.it.events
loc.it.itlug
loc.it.market

Just a though on these, how much of the above discussion are really locale
specific, and how much are they just discussions in the Italian language? If
the latter, I wonder if it might be worth duplicating parts of the lugnet
theme (etc.) hierarchy under language hierarchies. This might be more
inviting of participation from people not in the locale who speak the
language.

I think that:

loc.it
loc.it.events
loc.it.itlug
loc.it.market

should necessarily contain discussions on local topics (events
organizations, administration of ItLUG, local trades & market, etc.).

The other two sub-groups (it.robotics and it.trains) will probably be,
as you said, simply discussions in italian on general topics. Now, the
problem is to decide whether the best thing to do is to favour
partecipation on other thematic NGs and, by doing that, lose some
italian people that don't like to read or write in english, or favour
partecipation on Lugnet even if in italian language.
We have to consider that, even if it's not the main purpose of the loc.
NGs, now we *do* have some discussions about trains and robotics on the
loc.it NG, so it should be only a matter of re-organizing the whole
thing.

Giulio