 Administrative / General / 4650
Re: Can this possibly be worth the opening amount ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:23:07 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders writes:
Could this auction possibly be worth $8,000 ? I see 4 or 5 pirate ships
alone and bunches of other stuff. Quite a setup. Too rich for my blood
in any case.

I think it could possibly be worth that, yes, certainly.  But it would • depend
on which sets and what condition they're in.  (Some who bought and is • selling
350 sets probably took pretty good care of them.)  She'd get a *lot* more,
though, if she sold each of them individually -- but it'd be a lot more • work
then, too.  :-)

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.market.auction!]

Hmm, per recent discussion on guidelines, wouldn't lugnet.market.theory have
been better?

Thinking more on the lines of where market discussions should happen,
someone who wanted to solicit feedback on the potential value of a set,
might reasonably post in lugnet.general and/or a theme group, but probably
should set follow-ups to lugnet.market.theory (and a cross-post to
lugnet.market.theory would also be polite in case interested parties don't
read the theme group the solicitation was made in).

Frank