 Administrative / General / 4393
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:50:48 GMT

Some of these are close to the line, others cross it:
http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4246 (one of my ones)

Hmm, wording on that one is actually a little clearer.

But there was no problem at the time?

http://www.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=4396

That's a make an offer, and I'll let you know type of deal.

http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=6015

That's purely an offer to sell, and not being an auction posting is ok in
the theme group.

How doesit evan relate to lego?

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4606

That one is definitely an auction posting, and the seller seems aware that
it really isn't in the right group, looks like he had trouble posting to
lugnet.market.auction.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4586

That's a one time, best offer over $30. Todd has repeatedly said this type
of offer is acceptable in buy-sell-trade (I call this a sealed bid • auction,
Todd doesn't call it an auction, in either case, it is different from an
auction where updates will be posted, or a pointer to an eBay or whatever
auction)

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4580

This is an offer to trade. Just pointing out that his recent list of sets • he
is auctioning is available for trade.

Still borderline.

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4554

This is a request for possible prices. This is a little murky, but doesn't
seem to be an auction.

It does appear to be a pre-action anouncment?

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4478

This is an offer to trade, with a hint that they might be auctioned in the
future.

A slither away from what I did.?

http://www.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=4412

Another make an offer type of deal. This is a sealed bid auction with a
slushy reserve.

hmm

So I see one auction. Todd can't police every single situation.

Yes. But what I did was a honest post. No dubiety. No bending the rules. No
worse than any of the above?

Scott A

BTW : What about poster (like me) who have links to auctions/sales in their
signatures?