 Administrative / General / 439
    Re: From-line registration? —Todd Lehman
   (...) Did news posts show up that way too? I've seen that pretty commonly on mail, but I don't think I've seen that happen on news postings, have you? I wonder if the From-line comparison and indexing should ignore host names inside a domain just in (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: From-line registration? —Sarah Heacock
   (...) I don't know? I remember the email problems because it gave me problems subscribing/unsubscribing and (occasionally) sending mail messages to certain mailing lists. There was never any problems with news since the news server received from (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: From-line registration? —Todd Lehman
   (...) It's going to look for a match on the pair (x,y) where x is the Name field and y is the Email-address field. It'll parse various forms of the From line to get x and y. --Todd (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)