 Administrative / General / 4252
Re: Cancelling Posts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:59:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Thompson writes:
[...] It doesn't even have to be easy (ie there's no need to put a cancel
button near next to every post.  It could just be a "cancel post" URL where
you have to provide by hand the number of the post.

You'll also have to be willing to receive an email at the address you posted
under, in order to confirm that you are indeed the person cancelling the
message.  The email will have to contain a unique one-time secret code that
you'd either type into a web form or would be built-in to a URL for simple
clickage.  Looking like about 3 scripts at this point.

--Todd