 Administrative / General / 415
Re: typo quiz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:33:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
Chris Barnes writes:
<an answer>
Bingo.

++Lar

Are you now Object Oriented?  Or is that syntax incrementing variable Lar?

Todd is signing his posts "--Todd"... it's just a silly takeoff on that. I'd
prefer that he NOT decrement himself out of existence, (know what I mean?)

I certainly second that motion.  Please Todd no foolish self endangerment. :)

I pointed out that while on the road, the net result of interfacing with food
objects seems to be to increment me, sizewise.

&chris barnes.

Ok, I'll bite, what does this resolve to? Somewhere in Minnesota?

In Dallas actually.  I found the post about you incrementing while on the
road.  The &variable. syntax is for macro expansion in foxpro(at least in
Visual Foxpro).  Just a variation on your theme.  How long are you going to be
in Denver?  It was Denver wasn't it.  I was planning on being there for the
holidays this year but it looks like my brother's family will be coming here
instead.

To bring this back to admin.general topicality, I've already asked that the • web
interface allow me to set a cookie for a standard signature so I can save
typing it. It's not doing it yet, but give it time.

I expect we will continue to see features worked into the system.  I am
excited every time I get online to see what Todd has added this time.  Some
are obvious and some I don't notice until someone comments on them.

chris barnes