 Administrative / General / 4044
Re: random post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:07:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Loch writes:
I just had an idea.  How about making a "random post" feature.
Have a page or a button that displays a random post from the past.

KL

That might be kinda cool! As is, I guess you could do the same thing by doing
something like using the form:
http://www.lugnet.com/?n=*12345,-1&v=a
(replace 12345 with a random number between 1 and whatever number we're up
to...90,000 something now?) Of course it's probably bad to assume the format of
the url (in case it ever changes), but that'll work for the moment...

DaveE