 Administrative / General / 3691
  Re: Cookie

(...) I think this is the page you want: (URL) Scott, (...) You must've filled out one of the forms again...the LUGNET webserver never sends cookies casually. --Todd (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

(...) Nope.....but I just did refill out the form, now I can automatically post without filling in a bunch of stuff again, since I have a new cookie on the 'puter. Didn't realize it until you pointed this out. Thanks Todd Dave (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FMuyIn.C09@lugnet.com... (...) I understand the cookie for web based posting. However I use Outlook for my posts, the last time I nuked I had to fill out the form again. I'm just looking for a (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

(...) here. I'm in the same position as Scott - I need to nuke my machine soon. I know you can reregister to get the cookie back then wait the 24 hours or so for the reregistration to be accepted, but it would seem a lot easier if I could just (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message > (...) you use outlook express, Netscape messenger or such similar thing, you only need is setting up your news reader by using same id and email address that you submit when you first set (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

Ha ha, nice try Selcuk. But I always use the web interface for posting replies to messages(I'm doing so now). I use email for reading and posting where I'm starting a new thread. Besides I don't think I'm the only person who'd like to know how to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

(...) NNTP posting doesn't rely on a cookie, it relias on your Real Name + Email Adress to match an entry in the Lugnet database. So if you make sure to fill in your real name field and email address field exactly the same as now, dots, commas, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

(...) Browser-dependant. Netscape 4: Try C:\Program_Files\Net...okie`s.txt IE 4 and probably 5, possibly 3: Try C:\windows\cookies\[...lugnet.txt Jasper (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Cookie

(...) Platform-Dependant also. Netscape 4 (on Mac): '[boot-volume-name]:System Folder:Preferences:Netscape Users:[user-name]:MagicCookie' Ray (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)