 Administrative / General / 3695
Re: Cookie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 02:26:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dave Stiles writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott W. Runyan writes:
I'm in the position of having to nuke my machine and was wondering if
anyone knows where the cookie for Lugnet is? I don't want to have to
reregister.

I think this is the page you want:

  http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

That would do if you want to reregister. But there is a related query
here. I'm in the same position as Scott - I need to nuke my machine
soon. I know you can reregister to get the cookie back then
wait the 24 hours or so for the reregistration to be accepted, but it
would seem a lot easier if I could just backup the cookie prior to
nuking my machine then put it back and so skip having to reregister.
I think that is what Scott originally meant too. So is that possible
and if so any ideas where the file that contains the cookie is?

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com