 Administrative / General / 3697
Re: Cookie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:25:33 GMT

Ha ha, nice try Selcuk. But I always use the web interface
for posting replies to messages(I'm doing so now).
I use email for reading and posting where I'm starting a new
thread.

Besides I don't think I'm the only person who'd like to know
how to backup and recover the cookies. :)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message >
That would do if you want to reregister. But there is a related query
here. I'm in the same position as Scott - I need to nuke my machine
soon. I know you can reregister to get the cookie back then
wait the 24 hours or so for the reregistration to be accepted, but it
would seem a lot easier if I could just backup the cookie prior to
nuking my machine then put it back and so skip having to reregister.
I think that is what Scott originally meant too. So is that possible
and if so any ideas where the file that contains the cookie is?

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

Simon, I think you don't use web interface, so you don't need any cookie. If
you use outlook express, Netscape messenger or such similar thing, you only
need is setting up your news reader by using same id and email address that
you submit when you first set the things up for Lugnet.

Selçuk