 Administrative / General / 3670
  Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

Todd, et al... I use the web interface to LUGNET exclusively. It is quite common for a posting in the buy-sell-trade, shopping, or auction group to reference a set number. Most of those references are without a link to the PAUSE database (though (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

(...) Actually -- and not that I'm complaining or anything *grin* -- this brings up one of the (very few) things I don't like about the web interface. I appreciate the elegance of having simply a selection-free text input box at the top of the page (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

(...) Good point...Sometimes I like to use Neoplanet (web browser), and when I type in (or paste) something in the search box, hitting the enter button does nothing...(probably neoplanet's fault), but still a pain in the butt. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

You should try: (URL) puts a search bar that stays on the top of the screen..unfortuanately it uses frames, which causes problems when you go to offsite links. My biggest problem with it is that I like to see the URL's and this doesn't allow you to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

(...) Interesting. Todd, why no BASE TARGET=_top? But I don't think I really like this anyway -- takes up too much real-estate, and doesn't address all of the issues. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

(...) I like it.. How about a bit of script that puts the URL of the other frame in the top frame, sort of as a replacement Location: bar? I'm fairly sure this could be done without too much trouble (though I'm not _entirely sure, as I don't like (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Suggestion/Request for proposal consideration

(...) <SNIP> Thanks, Michael - I've changed my LUGNET bookmark to use this link. I do wish the choices after places were in one line, but that's not a major problem. I'll use this and bow out of the discussion, except for: Todd, where would I have (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)