 Administrative / General / 3610
Re: New icons - thumbs up, thumbs down?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:13:07 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Just curious what folks think of the new icons (3 tweaked & 2 new) that went
up earlier this week when the membership sign-in went active.  Usually if
someone doesn't say something nasty within 2 hours, then that's a good sign.

I *thought* they looked different.  I like them -- they're clearer and easier
to figure out what they are...

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/icon-signout-key.gif

Except for this one.  It only makes sense in the context of the signin icon,
and barely at that.  Perhaps if you made the key broken, to indicate choosing
a less secure situation.  Or possibly if you used a different concept
altogether, such as someone walking through an open door, to indicate leaving
the room.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."