 Administrative / General / 3473
    Re: Cats and pigeons... —Kevin Loch
   Step 1: take a deep breath Step 2: cancel the offending post Step 3: remind everyone not to post "not yet public information" KL (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Cats and pigeons... —Jeff Stembel
   (...) But it *is* public. It is on a public server, open to everyone. If that isn't public, I don't know what is. I (and others) did this Last December to see some of the Star Wars sets, and no one complained then. why is today different? Because of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Cats and pigeons... —Jasper Janssen
   (...) Uhm, Jeff? To paraphrase a popular quote: This is Lugnet. You have no inherent rights. Todd can do whatever he wants with lugnet.com. Up to and including going postal BOFH and cancelling random messages. Whether he is likely to do so, or will (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Cats and pigeons... —Todd Lehman
   (...) I should point out that anyone could go postal on Usenet and start cancelling random messages there just as easily if they really wanted to. It's slightly more difficult to forge cancels than to forge actual messages, but it can be done, and (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)