 Administrative / General / 3288
Re: Posting setup question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:48:41 GMT

Todd,
Thanks for clearing that all up.  I know it's out there on LUGNet somewhere, I
just couldn't find it...

James

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson <j_wilson.plateletlab@usa.net> writes:

Please forgive the possible redundancy of this message.  I have had
little success posting messages via web interface.  I have filled out
the posting form, and received a confirmatory message.  But when I tried
a few days ago to post to lugnet.off-topic.test via the web interface,
it wouldn't take my post.  So, I filled the form out again, but did not
receive a confirmatory message.

Right -- it only sends a confirmation message the first time a given
name/address pair is seen.

So, I'll fill it out, again, and try again.
Specific questions:
1) What is required to post via newsreader?  I'm doing it, but I don't
remember if I did anything special to get here.

Your newsreader needs to be sending your name & email address in the 'From:'
line correctly.  In your case, it's working fine, obviously, because your
message got here and was posted from your newsreader.

2) Once I get setup to post via the web interface, how does it work
using multiple computers?

The easiest thing is simply to fill out the news-posting setup form once at
each computer, and that will cause the cookie to be stored on each computer.

  http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

Later (maybe in a month or two), an membership feature might be to make some
of this sort of thing easier for members who also use news and multiple
computers...

--Todd