 Administrative / General / 3283
Re: Posting setup question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:13:48 GMT

Later (maybe in a month or two), an membership feature might be to make some
of this sort of thing easier for members who also use news and multiple
computers...

A note on cookies, etc... my cookie got deleted (I'm always playing around with
them being that I'm a newly starting out web-programmer), but I haven't tried
re-filling out the form to get it back... how easy would it be to have the
posting page re-drop the cookie for you if it recognizes your name? Don't know
also what time the cookie expires, but that'd probably solve that problem as
well...

'Course the only problem is that if two users use the same computer (and same
browser) they'll end up with each other's cookies... hmmm... so maybe that
wouldn't work well... although I assume there aren't too many LUGNETters that
use the same computers (I know there aren't any that use mine!) Anyway, a
thought...

Meanwhile, am I to understand that re-submitting my info via the post-setup
page will re-drop the cookie to my computer anyway, without bothering you with
another message, since it already recognizes me?

DaveE